The Summers Family

The Summers Family
(Left to right) Back row; Joseph, Beau, Middle row; Susanna, Sarah, John Paul, Simon-Peter, and Mary, Front row; Genie and Frank

Summers Family 2009

Summers Family 2009
The whole Summers family gathered for Kevin and Sarah's wedding, January 2009

Come Holy Spirit


Go into the whole world and proclaim the Gospel to all creation.

Big Woods Mission Base

Big Woods Mission Base
Big Woods Mission Base



Frank & Genie Summers

Frank & Genie Summers
Founders of Family Missions Company

Monday, March 30, 2009

Cancer Free Once Again!

It is with deep joy and gratitude that I can report to all who have been praying for me that for the second time in my life I am healed of cancer: I was healed of prostate cancer three years ago, and this time I have been healed of cancer in my right breast. In both instances the cancer was detected and surgically removed; the doctors then proclaimed me “cancer free” and no follow-up chemotherapy or radiation or other medicines needed. Both times when cancer was diagnosed, Genie and I contacted our friends around the world and asked them to pray for my healing; I asked believers to lay hands on me and pray for my healing; when people said to me they would pray for me I responded, “Let’s pray now”; and I went to the priest and asked to receive the Sacrament of Healing (receiving it as often as any major juncture in the treatment occurred) – I was actually able to feel the special graces that came my way through all the prayers – and I believed the Lord was at work through the medical care and medicines I received, and I asked the doctors, nurses, and technicians if I could pray with them that the Lord would use them as ministers of His healing for me and all their patients – and I have been healed from cancer twice! The “Big C” is really not the dreaded Cancer; the Big “C” is Jesus CHRIST! “He who is in us is greater than he who is in the world – every knee must bend and every tongue confess that JESUS CHRIST is Lord, in faith, ask in agreement together. Receive the Sacrament of Healing; ask your friends in faith to lay hands on you and pray for your healing, pray with the health care professionals. Your God is bigger than your diseases.

We had reported to most of you that there seemed to be a possibility that we would be given a large facility in a nearby city that could have given us resources to greatly expand our ministry here in Acadiana. Well, that whole thing fell through. Things didn’t line up. I am convinced that it wasn’t the Lord’s will for us.

FMC begs for your fervent prayers and sacrifices for our missionaries and for those to whom they are sent.

I hope you got to view the recent EWTN program on “Life on the Rock” which interviewed Sarita, David and Judge about our mission work – it was unbelievably good!! Please feel free to view it – along with other FMC videos, on the company website: http://www.fmcmissions.com/
In Jesus’ Great Love – Frank

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Frank and Genie are the co-founders of Family Missions Company,serving with a board of directors and the blessing of the Bishop of Lafayette. They have served in foriegn missions, along with their seven children, since 1975. They oversee the FMC apostolates and the training of the fulltime missionaries.